|On Sale||jan 01, 2010|
|Preview||mar 28, 2009|
2hrs. 25mins. (1 Intermission)
At the outbreak of World War I, Joey, young Albert's beloved horse, is sold to the cavalry and shipped to France. He's soon caught up in enemy fire, and fate takes him on an extraordinary odyssey, serving on both sides before finding himself alone in no man's land. But Albert cannot forget Joey and, still not old enough to enlist, he embarks on a treacherous mission to find him and bring him home.
In War Horse, actors work with magnificent, life-sized puppets by the internationally renowned Handspring Puppet Company, leading us on a gripping journey through history.
Should I see it?
What Is War Horse Like?
War Horse is a thrilling and unique theatrical epic in which actors tell the story alongside (and sometimes astride) lifelike horse puppets. The vast stage at Lincoln Center Theater’s Vivian Beaumont Theater is virtually bare, but the cast of 35 (including groups of three ...
- James Backway & More Will Step Into West End's War Horse This Spring
- West End War Horse Star Jack Loxton on a Curious Pattern and Overcoming Equine Allergies
- West End War Horse Extends, Adds New Cast Members
- The National Theatre's War Horse Finishes First at London's Olympic Park
War Horse Cast & Creative
- Based on the novel by Michael Morpurgo
- Adapted by Nick Stafford
- Director Marianne Elliott and Tom Morris
- Set Designer Rae Smith
New London Theatre
Drury Lane London, UK